Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A Few After...

A Few After.....

A few minutes after his birth.....
I could hear his announcing scream.
I couldn't believe he was finally here,
The realization of my dream.

A few hours after his birth.....
I held him so close to my chest.
Somehow that little boy let me see,
A special love that never left.

A few days after his birth.....
I held his tiny little hand.
I told him there would be lots of things
That I would help him to understand.

A few weeks after his birth.....
He had that sparkle in his eyes,
And when he showed me that little smile,
I thought that I would surely die.

A few months after his birth.....
He was just beginning to learn.
He didn't like me to go away,
And he cried until I returned.

A few years after his birth......
I still couldn't believe he was mine.
We talked and laughed and went for walks.
We had so many special times..

A few after.....

A few minutes after his death.....
I didn't know I needed to scream.
I thought that he was still safe and here...
I didn't know the truth of my dream.

A few hours after his death.....
I felt a strangeness within my chest.
Something was wrong that I couldn't see.
God! I didn't know that he had left.

A few days after his death.....
I held his cold and lifeless hand.
There were just so very many things
That I could not fully understand.

A few weeks after his death.....
That sparkle stolen from my eyes,
No longer to see his beautiful smile.
I never, ever thought that he would die.

A few months after his death.....
There was so much I needed to learn.
I was confused when he went away,
And I still waited for his return.

A few years after his death.....
I still wish that he could be mine,
To talk and laugh and go for walks.
I miss those special moments in time.

A few after.....

A few minutes after MY death......
Once again I will hear him scream,
"Hey Mom, it's me, I'm over here,
And Mom, this time it's not a dream."

A few hours after MY death.......
I'll hold him close again to my chest.
He'll look at me and say... "Now see?",
It doesn't seem so long since I left."

A few days after MY death.....
He will gently take me by the hand,
And show me all the glorious things,
And help me to understand.

A few weeks after MY death.....
I'll see that sparkle in his eyes.
Once again he'll warm me with his smile,
And say... "You see, Mom, I didn't die".

A few months after MY death.......
Together we'll have so much to learn.
We'll never have to go away,
Or long for each other's return.

A few years after MY death.....
Forever he will always be mine.
We'll talk and laugh and go for long walks,
Because we'll have nothing...... but time.

No comments:

Post a Comment